Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year + New Plans : my 2018 resolutions

First off- Happy New Year! Not only is it a brand new start to another exciting year, but it's also starting off on a Monday.. how perfect! I figure for my first post in 2018 I'd tell you guys my 10 resolutions I set for myself that are really meaningful to me. So here goes:



1. Waking up at 6am, even on the weekends.
 This one is big for me.. I currently wake up everyday at 7, but I would love to get up 1 hour earlier so that I have some alone time to get ready for my day before Apollo wakes up. I miss having my mornings to myself when I wasn't rushed to put on makeup, quick get ready and then chug a coffee.  Here's hoping this one will stick!


2. Working out 4-5 days a week.
I currently work out 3 days a week, and would love to bump that up a bit to see better results. If I can wake up at 6 it gives me the perfect opportunity to do this. I prefer working out in the morning because it gets my whole day started and then I don't dread having to do it after working all day. Plus it's a great source of motivation throughout my whole day. 


3. Cooking a new recipe every week.
Both Brad & I are really excited about this resolution. We recently have gotten very serious about cooking and have updated our tools so we need to make that worth while. We currently are hooked on Binging with Babish and love every recipe we have tried. We purchased his cook book and can't wait to challenge ourselves with new meals to make.


4. Spending more time with Lady Dior.
Sometimes it's easy to get caught up with how busy we are, but this past year we learned the hard way on how important it is to slow down and appreciate your pets. After losing 3 of our beloved fur babies we now have just Lady Dior & Vienna. Unfortunately our cat is not the friendliest and would prefer to be left alone (still love her!) but Lady is the sweetest giant you'll ever meet so I want to make sure we spend more time with her and show her how important she is to us and Apollo.


5. Quiet time in the middle of the day.
Everyday I want to make sure I take 10-15 minutes to just sit & relax. Most days I find myself going nonstop & I get burnt out by the end of the day. By taking a small break it'll help me recoup my thoughts, and allow me to just take a breather. Plus maybe I'll be able to enjoy a nice hot cup of tea- my favorite!


6. Staying organized.
This one is high up on my list of priorities. With everything I have going on it's important to stay on track and to stay focused. I need to live by my planner and stick to it, this way I can avoid that awkwardness when double booking myself & missing appointments. I'm usually on top of these things but since having Apollo, I've gotten a little lazy with it. Need to fix that! 


7. Weekly spa night.
Pampering myself is one of my favorite things, so I figured why not do it more often. I'm looking at either making Sunday or Wednesday night my weekly spa night. I want to take a long hot bath, do a body treatment and a face mask! It'll be so nice to just sit and relax while feeling & smelling good.


8. Burning my candles.
This one sounds silly but I have serious FOWAC! (fear of wasting a candle). I literally have hundreds of candles in a closet categorized by season and then by scent, which you think would make it easier for me to use but NO! On top of that, I keep buying more.. must stop. So I have decided that this will be the year to change all of that. It's time to light a match & enjoy these beauties. 


9. Reading 1-2 books a month.
Reading is one of my favorite things to do, however since having Apollo, I have no time to read. Now that he is getting older (can't believe he is going to be 2!) and more independent I'm really looking forward to some quality reading time. There's a list of books I've been meaning to read and I can't wait to share them all with you. I have decided to start first with Crazy Rich Asian which so far I'm absolutely loving. At this rate I might have 4 books read this month- one can dream!


10. Mommy & me time.
This resolution is most important to me. Apollo is growing up so fast and I hate all the missed moments I've had because I've been too busy. It's easy to get caught up in everyday life and use electronics as a 'babysitter' but no more. I want to make the time and actually play with him. He is so creative and inspiring. He literally can bring a smile to anyones face (even though he himself NEVER smiles). He is my greatest joy and I want to show him all that the world has to offer. So this year Brad and I have decided to put our family first & do the things we always talked about doing and that's mostly traveling more with the dude. We are going to be doing a lot more weekend trips & even some renovating in our backyard so it's more kid friendly. I honestly can't wait for this resolution to play out, it's going to be amazing.

Well that's it! Sorry it was such a long one, I just wanted to share all my reasons for each one! I hope this year is spectacular for all of you. Just remember, life is what you make it! 

Thanks for stopping by.

Xx
D







No comments:

Post a Comment